Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hearts and where to begin...

Today, after eight long years of trying to have living children, I've decided to start a blog discussing the good, the bad, and the ugly. I need time to figure out how I will post about the last eight years but I wanted to start today because it is the first day of a new year and because I've made another big decision that I wanted to share with you all. When I lost my first child suddenly at 22 weeks due to an undiagnosed incompetent cervix, two things stood out as the most important to me during that difficult time. The first was the unexpected kindness and support from others who had lost a baby and the second is mementos of my angel baby Ian. Unfortunately, due to his sudden birth and death soon after delivery, we have few momentos and none are personalized, however the few things we have are absolutely precious to us. I've decided to help others through the loss of a child, no matter the circumstance, gestation, or diagnosis, in a small but hopefully meaningful way. I want to make you a small heart pouch, unique to your baby, as something tangible you can hold onto long after your baby is gone physically. I can send it quickly if you will have the opportunity to place it with your baby for awhile to gather their scent, or if you want to bury it with your child. If you or someone you know has suffered a loss, if you are going through a loss now, or if you are anticipating a loss, please email me at angelheartsforever@gmail.com with the baby's full name, gender/color preferences, and mailing address and I will make a completely unique sewn heart pouch. Each pouch is in the shape of a heart which represents the mother and a smaller heart sewn on front in the middle representing the baby. Even though we may not be able to carry our babies in our bellies forever, we certainly carry them in our hearts forever. On the smaller heart I can sew the baby's first name, initials, nickname/love name, or leave it blank. A ribbon will be tied and sewn around the whole pouch representing arms holding both mother and baby. This can be representative of whomever you wish- God, your baby's father, the arms of a supportive family or community etc. Each heart will be approximately 4 or 5 inches in diameter and lightly filled with fluff so that it can still be mailed via large envelope.  If you wish, I can personalize it in other ways as well such as sewing in a small glass stone so you have something to feel in there, or a feather, angel wings, a penny, or a small printed off prayer or note from you. You won't be able to see it or have access to it as it will be placed in the fluff and sewn shut. I'm new to this and don't have a large selection of fabrics so bear with me :-) I always wished we could have something unique and personal to Ian that I could carry with me to help with the grieving process and I hope you will allow me to do this for you and your family. We will pray over each heart as a family and send up a personalized prayer for your family. We can take a digital picture of our clasped hands with the heart during our prayer or a picture of the heart next to your baby's full name in chalk on our black top (birthday/angel day too if you'd like). I will also have a special section on my blog dedicated to your baby and a picture of your heart if you wish. I will not post any information without your consent. I want to make this as special as possible during this difficult time so I am open to other suggestions and I will let you know if I am able to do it. I have no idea how to advertise this other than posting as a comment on blogs but spread the word. I have no idea the amount of requests I will get so please bear with me as I start this journey. Thank you for your time, Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you even if you wish to stay anonymous. Share your story, ask questions, or just say hi :-) You can always reach me at amorecappa@gmail.com