Thursday, March 14, 2013

Two simple yet profound realizations

I shouldn't even call them realizations because I've known these things at many times in my life.  I suppose I've forgotten for various reasons of late and they both hit me like a ton of bricks all at once yesterday, so maybe we can call them re-realizations? Let's get on with it shall we?

* Women are AMAZINGLY strong... in ways I never thought even existed until the last 8 years. We can ENDURE things that would make gods whimper and cower. I think our particular nature makes this even harder on us. We are amazing.

* I'm an isolater in times of stress. This is for all of you who do the same. I have people in my life I can talk to but I usually choose not to for many reasons unrelated to them. However the RELIEF I got from talking to my brother on the phone the other day was immeasurable. It was therapeutic. I forget this every.single.time. Having someone who loves you unconditionally, knows your heart, knows your story.... is priceless. Sometimes I have to remember that I can't live in my brain and shut everyone out. That's a miserable way to live.

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you even if you wish to stay anonymous. Share your story, ask questions, or just say hi :-) You can always reach me at amorecappa@gmail.com